Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

[ALBUM] GHOSTFACE x APOLLO BROWN - "The Brown Tape"

This is absolutely AMAZING news, so F'n great that it's hard to believe it if you ask me; but nah, this ain't no false alarm or a drill peeps. Earlier this month one of the best emcees of all time, Ghostface Killah, hooked up with a ridiciously dope producer on the rise named Adrian Younge who, despite his young age, already had worked with the likes of William Hart and The Delphonics. The fourty minutes that make up Younge N Ghost's LP, "Twelve Reasons to Die", has been given PLENTY of front-to-back plays where I'm at since it first dropped. There's not a single weak song on here, neither when dissecting vocal or musical performances; I love the  lyrical concept, I love the production that's a mix between Enio Morricone and old-school RZA,i love the mixing that got GFK's voice just right (whereas many engineers make it too high-pitched), i love every single one of the guest apperances, the artwork, and so forth. The album is available from RZA's newly started Soul Temple Records in your choice of digital, cassette, vinyl or CD. And as if that wasn't enough, the first 500 pre-orderss received a cassette tape of the album, featuring all the tracks with original vocals, although completely remixed by none other than one of Detroit's top producers of the day in Apollo Brown.

Due to heavy pushing from fans, SoulTemple is now releasing the Apollo Brown remix as a separate release on both wax, CD and digital on June 4; Count me in! I haven't bought the original yet as my economy hasn't been the best recently, but I will definitely pick up both at the end of the month, that's for sure. As if this fantastic news wasn't enough Soul Temple has thrown up a full stream of the ENTIRE album (no snippets opr anything like that) for your pleasure. And let me tell you, this shit is off the fucking meatrack; I can't deciede which one I like the better, which is saying a lot considering that Younge's take might be GFK's best since 2000. Don't sleep on this limited edition peeps, and press play on the Music player below and let it run from´front-to-back. And while you're at it, heaad over to SoulTempleMusic.com to order your copy. Until then, press play below and TURN IT UP!!


1 comment:

  1. Just when I thought I was getting used to the "Apollo Brown" sound, this dude just blows me away!

    Just the right amount of grimy on this one without making it seem too obscure. It's my fav of the two takes on the album.

    ReplyDelete