Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

VIDEO: Grant Parks, Sadat X & Grand Daddy I.U

Plenty of updates today which is just great, about two-three weeks ago we had a damn dry week with not much happening in the True School department. Maybe the sweet weather motivates harder work in the recording and releasing department, who knows - all I know is that I ain't complaining. One of my favorites, Sadat X, is invited by producer Grant Parks to jump on one of his beats together with veteran Grand Daddy I,U.

"Know Your Role"  is the lead single from Park's upcoming album "Parkstrumentals" (seriously, I don't know how I feel about that title even if it's just an homage of course) which will be in stores and online on July 26. It packs a pretty damn impressive guest list too, besides the two greats on this song we will hear legends like KRS-One, General Steele of Smif-N-Wessun, DITC's AG and Masta Ace in addition to several newer and less known underground emcees. Since I don't think Grant Parks is also a rapper, it looks like it's gonna be about 50% instrumental. Check the tracklist below.


01. "Intro (The Hill Top)"
02. "State Of Consciousness"
03. "Cornerstone"
04. "So Refined" (Ft. Phil G, Isis Rose & Project Mayhem's Lennon)
05. "Know Your Role" (Ft. Sadat X & Grand Daddy I.U.)
06. "Fragments"
07. "The Rap Game" (Ft. Masta Ace, Bobby Rocwell & Kenny Bogus)
08. "Wild Cowboys"
09. "Undefeated" (Ft. Smif-N-Wessun's Steele, Vvs Verbal & Jewels)
10. "Street Hustle"
11. "A Message From The Teacher" (Ft. KRS-One)
12. "Lux Life"
13. "The Berri Lounge (Ft. DITC's AG)
14. "They Want More" (Ft. K. Sparks)
15. "Put 'Em High"
16. "Piano Heat"
17. "Heavenly"
18. "Outro (No Matter What They Do)"
19. "A Toast to You" [Bonus Track]

No comments:

Post a Comment